Chocolate mousse. Delicious, healthy, lusciously smooth, rich, velvety chocolate mousse. Seriously.
chocolate mousse (GAPS, SCD, coconut milk chocolate mousse, vegan, Paleo, health, organic)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 4 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 vanilla bean, halved and seeds scraped out with the back of a knife
- cacao nibs, to serve (optional)
1. Take the two cans of coconut milk out of the fridge. Turn them upside down, then open both with a can opener. Pour the coconut water into a container for later usage – I love using it for smoothies in the mornings – then scoop out the thick white coconut cream at the bottom of the can and place into a large bowl.
2. Using a hand whisk, whisk for 1-2 minutes until you achieve a fluffy mixture which holds stiff peaks. Alternatively, use a stand mixer and mix for about 20 seconds.
3. Take out around three tablespoons of coconut whipped cream and put it in a separate bowl to use as a garnish. In the larger bowl, add the cacao powder, agave nectar, and vanilla bean seeds, then whip again until fully incorporated.
4. Divide the mixture between two large ramekins or glasses. Take the coconut whipped cream which was set apart earlier, fill a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle with the mixture, and pipe a swirl on top of each serving of chocolate mousse. Set the mousses in the fridge to set for an hour or so before serving. If using, sprinkle with cacao nibs at the last minute.