Sometimes, it’s the simplest recipes that are the most delicious.
That’s the case most of the time – in my kitchen, anyway. These bites of deliciousness only take a few minutes to prepare, but they taste absolutely wonderful and look impressive! Creamy, sweet banana is enrobed in dark, smooth chocolate, sprinkled with earthy roasted hazelnuts, and topped with a rosette of nutty, aromatic peanut butter.
These are also perfect treats for a celebration – from tomorrow onwards, I’ll be a homeschooler! It was a big decision for my family and I, and although it will definitely be a big change, I’m very excited about all the new opportunities. I have big plans!
Feel free to substitute almond butter or sunbutter for the peanut butter!
chocolate, hazelnut, and peanut butter frozen bananas
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 large bananas, peeled and sliced in half
- 50g dark chocolate
- 25g chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
1. Using an apple corer, core about halfway down the banana pieces.
2. Melt your chocolate in a bain marie until glossy, then dip the banana pieces halfway into the chocolate. Quickly sprinkle with chopped roasted hazelnut pieces. Put the banana pieces in the freezer to set the chocolate.
3. Meanwhile, put the peanut butter into a piping bag fitted with a small rosette tip. Alternatively, simply spoon the peanut butter into the hole in the bananas.
4. Pipe peanut butter into and on top of the bananas. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.